As we begin a new year, many of us set resolutions we hope to keep. One of the best things you can do this year and every year is to protect your prized possession, your home.
It can be time consuming and overwhelming, so we wanted to help by providing you with this handy annual checklist of home service items you may want to consider.
- Fix dripping faucets and toilet tanks
- Inspect roof for damage after windstorms
- Change HVAC filters throughout the home on a monthly basis, especially in peak summer usage periods
- Replace batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and make sure they are functioning correctly
- Inspect foundation for holes, cracks, improper drainage.
- Inspect your home’s exterior for holes in stucco, dry rot on eaves and shutters, and paint wear and tear
- Clean exterior surfaces
- Check roof for holes, cracks, rotting and missing roof tiles
- Drain hot water tank
- Inspect for pest infestations such as termites
- Clean/repair grout in tile floors
- Inspect caulking in bathrooms and repair if necessary
- Schedule a yearly HVAC servicing
- Trim/cut back desert trees annually
- Inspect your home for leaks - under sinks, inspect ceilings for water spots, check faucets for drips and toilets for excess running times
- Check irrigation and sprinkler systems for leaks and proper functionality. Adjust watering amounts in the summer and winter.
- Have your dryer vent inspected annually by a licensed HVAC specialist
Some of these may require a service professional, and we can help with that too. We have a comprehensive list of referrals we can provide if you don't know where to begin.
We hope you have a great 2018, and that you will stop by our office next to Safeway in Estrella (Goodyear, AZ) sometime to say hello. We are here to help with any real estate question you may have, or to provide a home valuation if you are interested. (just click below, if you want an instant one). The Best!